You must follow the Best practices to Keep your Bank Account details safe while using a bank account for online and Offline transactions. Here are the 10 Tips that will keep your Bank Account details Safe online and offline.
Do you get worried every time you use your Bank account to transact online? If yes then you’re not alone. Most people feel some uneasiness while making bank transacts online. But you cannot remain too guarded in a World of internet, information and technology. If you want to get the benefits of information technology, you have to divulge some of your personal and Bank account details online. All you need to do is exercise an informed caution. When you exercise informed caution you automatically keep your bank account details safe.
Remember NOT every Bank account or personal detail shared online is sensitive. Keep this in mind and you automatically keep your Bank Account Details Safe!
10 Tips to Keep your Bank Account Details Safe
- Do not share sensitive account information like User ID, Password, OTP, URN, Debit Card Grid values with anyone: Anyone means anyone other than you. All this information is strictly personal. That’s why your bank sends them in your verified mobile number and email.
- Do not share confidential account details or transact on non-https websites: Web address starts with either http:// or https://. Only the Web address which start with https are secure.
- Register for instant alerts that inform you about any banking transactions: They are sent to your verified email and mobile number. It’s usually the number you gave at the time of bank account creation; or later on during KYC at your bank branch.
- You Bank never asks for any confidential details, such as User ID, PIN etc. through a phone Call: If someone makes some demand on phone, DO NOT share any information. If your Bank needs any information for you, then it will call you in person to the Bank Branch where you have your bank account.
- Check your banking transactions regularly: Make a habit of regularly updating your Bank account Pass book; or if you are comfortable with online banking, then your bank account online.
- Know the Correct Web Address or URL of your Bank.
- Install a strong anti-virus on your PC or mobile; and keep it updated regularly: A strong anti-virus means any reputed anti-virus which you purchased and have genuine license to use. A PIRATED Anti-virus or free anti-virus must never be USED.
- Check downloaded files for viruses before opening them on PC: Usually Free applications and files are NOT Safe.
- Report any suspicious Transaction: To report unauthorized transactions in your account, please call our Customer Care or visit Customer Service or visit your Bank Branch with 24 hours.
- Buy only from reputed Buyers online: If you’re not sure, then follow the advice of advanced tech users.