5 Confusions Regarding IGNOU Assignments

IGNOU students have certain confusions regarding IGNOU assignments — IGNOU Assignment submission, assignment validity etc. We have tried to clear them.

IGNOU students have certain confusions regarding IGNOU assignments. These confusions are primarily related to IGNOU Assignment submission, Term End Examinations, IGNOU assignment validity, latest assignments etc. We have tried to clear these IGNOU assignments related confusions in the following five points:

Confusions Regarding IGNOU Assignments1) IGNOU Assignments and IGNOU term end Examination Form are connected:

It’s one of the main confusions among students. It must be noted that except for one connection, IGNOU assignments and IGNOU term end examination form are broadly unconnected.

The only connection is that : A student has to submit assignment in order to appear in the respective subject’s TEE. If assignment is not submitted, then the student is not allowed to apply for the respective paper in TEE. His/her TEE examination form will be accepted only when the Study Centre verifies that the assignment for the said paper has been submitted.

2) You can submit an IGNOU Assignment ONLY with the Term End Examination Form (TEE form):

This is not TRUE. You can submit assignments WITHOUT submitting the TEE form. The two are not connected with one another.

That’s you can submit IGNOU assignments without applying for the TEEs of the respective subjects even once.

But since, registration for a paper is valid only for 2 years or 4 semesters, hence it’s Good to keep clearing the TEEs as well. Else one has to re-register for the paper after 2 years.

3) IGNOU assignment validity is limited to a Semester or till the paper’s registration duration

This is NOT True.

IGNOU Assignments once submitted and Completed (passed or cleared) are valid for the entire IGNOU programme duration.

This applies to Maximum Duration to complete the Programme as well. For instance for IGNOU MBA, the minimum time to complete MBA is 3 years. The maximum time a student can take to complete it is 8 years. The IGNOU assignment validity for IGNOU MBA is thus 8 years.

Thus even if someone fails a paper or re-registers for a paper; he/she simply has to reappear in the TEE (if he has already passed the Assignment). That’s there’s no need to resubmit the ignou assignment for the said paper.

3) You can submit the assignments which you made during the last semester:

This is NOT TRUE.

Irrespective of the TEE you plan to appear in, you have to submit ONLY the latest IGNOU Assignments. The latest or new ignou assignments are uploaded in every semester. Hence a student must prepare fresh assignments meant for that semester only.

That’s if you plan to submit assignment in January-June 2018 Semester, then you have to create only those assignments  freshly uploaded at the IGNOU website for the said semester. You can’t submit some previous assignment which you write, but had not submitted at that time.

NOTE: That’s why it’s always advised to submit prepared assignments at the Study Centre or Regional Centre, irrespective of whether you plan to appear in the upcoming TEE or not.

4) You have to pay LATE FEE for late Submission of Assignments:

This is NOT True.

The fee and Late Fee are for the submission of Examination Form ONLY. If you submit your Examination form after the Last Date then you will have to pay the Late Fee in addition to the examination fee for each paper.

The Last date to submit TEE examination form for IGNOU Term End Examinations WITHOUT LATE FEE is March 31st for June TEE and September 30th for December TEE.

Hence , if you don’t want to submit your IGNOU TEE form with late fee, then submit the assignment and examination form before or on March 31st or September 30. [Read First Point of this article].

To download the fresh IGNOU Assignments or Latest IGNOU Assignments for the current Semester

Click Here

• Aishwarya Feb 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

I wish to know -I took admission in July 2014 , Now when I have to submit the IGNOU assignment ,I’m enrolled in PGDIBO – 1 year program

I’m really tensed please do reply

• A Bisht Mar 18, 2015, 11:39 am

You can submit your IGNOU PGDIBO Assignments now. So that you can appear in June 2015 TEE.

• sikha Apr 10, 2015, 11:45 am

I have not submit the IGNOU MEG first year assignment of July 2015 can I submit it with late fees.

• A Bisht Apr 13, 2015, 4:43 pm

There’s no fee for Assignment submission. You can submit Assignments till April 30 2015. Although if you decide to give the exams in this semester as well, then you have to pay a Late Fee of Rs 500 with Examination Form. This will be in addition to Rs 60 fee for each paper.

• Gowtham Apr 13, 2015, 8:03 pm

Sir, I have registered for MA public administration in June 2014, I have not submitted my assignment yet, can do it now? What should I do to write the term end exam in June.

As I have not submitted my assignment I have not applied for the term exam? Do know what to do, pls help me with this…

• A Bisht Apr 22, 2015, 11:05 am

To write the Jun 2015 TEE:

Submit assignments till April 30, 2015. Make the latest assignments which are uploaded at IGNOU Website >> Student Zone >> Assignments. If you plan to appear in the papers in June 2015 TEE then, you have to pay Rs 500 Late fee with examination fee. The fee now will be Examination fee of Rs 60 per paper + Rs 500.

• gyan Apr 18, 2015, 9:32 pm

sir pls help me with this. i took admission in july 2014 session. but i didnt recieve my study centre’s name and letter. and also i was not able to submit assignments on time. can i give exam in december session now and submit new assigments in september? also is it possible that i give 2nd year exam in july next year ??

• A Bisht Apr 29, 2015, 6:57 am

yes, you can do so.

• shabneet kaur Jun 13, 2015, 7:42 pm

Sir, I had to submit my assignment for m.a english for the session june 2014 before 30th march 2015 but I failed to submit it. If I wish to submit the assignment before 30 sep,2015 now, will the assignment remain same or it will be changed? Pls see i have almost completed the assignment meant to be submitted before 30 march, 2015

• A Bisht Jun 14, 2015, 7:59 am

Shabneet, unfortunately you will have to make fresh assignments meant for July-December 2015 Semester. They will be uploaded at ignou website around August-September. The last to submit assignments for Jan-June Semester is April 30.

• jui Aug 6, 2015, 6:41 pm

I am going to take addmiasion in M.eg kindly inform me when i have to submit my assignment and all the process.as am very new in ignou plz help me.

• A Bisht Aug 10, 2015, 11:13 am

Attend the IGNOU Induction meeting at your Study Centre. Or visit your ignou regional centre or study centre for details.

• Seema Aug 14, 2015, 9:45 am

Dear Mr. Bisht, I am BPC student. I had submitted my assignments in March-2015 and had appeared theory as well in June-2015. I failed in a paper. I am planning to reappear theory in Dec-2015. Do I need to rewrite and resubmit assignments or I can directly appear theory? Although same assignments are valid for Dec exam as well as per IGNOU website.

• A Bisht Aug 19, 2015, 9:06 am

No appear in theory only. Do not re-submit the assignment.