IGNOU Registration and Re-registration

I’m still uncertain whether many IGNOU Learners clearly understand the Re-registration process of IGNOU. The IGNOU Re-registration is different from IGNOU Registration.

IGNOU Registration and re-registrationIGNOU Re-registration

One needs to re-register for a subject or Subjects, only if he/she is unable to complete or pass the subject(s) in 2 years from the time of initial registration. Thus anyone who has taken admission in July 2014, can still appear in those papers till June 2016 TEE. All one has to do is submit Assignments and pay Examination fee.

IGNOU Registration

When you register for a new semester or new subjects for the first time, such as registering for second semester or 2nd year, then you don’t call it Re-registration. It’s is simply called IGNOU Registration for the subjects you have not registered ever since you took admission at IGNOU.

Comments on this entry are closed.

  • Oindreela Apr 22, 2015, 10:54 am

    Hi sir,

    Thanks for the blog post. I am due to appear for 2nd year BA English course TEE this June. I just have query.

    If for some reason, I am unable to submit my assignment as well as pay my examination fee, then will I be able to appear for my 2nd and 3rd year subjects together next year?

    Thanks in advance,

    • A Bisht Apr 22, 2015, 11:21 am

      A maximum of 48 credits can be appeared in a TEE. if one subject constitutes of 6 credits then you can give maximum of 8 papers in a TEE. Depends on the number of credits in each paper.

      Thanks Admin

      • Oindreela Apr 22, 2015, 11:25 am

        Thanks for clarifying my doubts sir 🙂

  • Naseer May 19, 2015, 12:55 pm

    First you are always helpful and you have answered lot of questions which clears the confusion…Thank you so much.
    My question i have registr mtyself for BTS 3rd year in jan 2015, can i appear in dec 2105 TEE exam ,My second question is i have submitted my 3rd year assignmnts during june 2015 session, are they valid for dec 2015 TEE exam.
    Thank you

    • A Bisht Jul 8, 2015, 7:43 am

      Thanks Naseer.

      As per our information, the answer to both your questions is Yes. It’s better to visit your IGNOU Regional Centre for better clarity.

      Thanks Admin