HP is transitioning to Windows 10 OS. Below is the information which HP buyers and HP PC and device users will be happy to know:
- HP’s currently shipping portfolio of Windows-based PCs ( On eligible Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices) are expected to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 when available on July 29, 2015. This can be done through qualified HP technicians to run the complete upgrade process. With exceptions thought, for instance HP SmartFriend is sold separately and will support notebook and desktop PCs with Windows-based operating systems (Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10). Internet connection required for remote support.
- All HP 2015 products to be ready for Windows 10. Microsoft to have full coverage for drivers for Windows 10.
How to get Windows 10 upgrades on HP PCs
Additional details on how to reserve and receive upgrades are available at Windows.com
HP Windows 10-Enabled Devices
Some examples of HP’s broad PC portfolio available for purchase today that are able to take advantage of Windows 10 features include:
Free upgrade to Windows 10 when available from Microsoft for one year after Windows 10 availability. Feature availability may vary by region. May require additional hardware, drivers, software and/or BIOS update. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.Please visit hp.com/go/windows10upgrade.
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP Spectre x360 convertible notebooks feature dual-array microphones optimized for Cortana with voice control and naturally transition from notebook to tablet to tent to stand modes and back with Continuum.
Some advanced features such as voice supported Cortana, inking, and Continuum may require advanced Hardware.
- HP Pavilion, HP ENVY and HP OMEN notebooks also take advantage of Cortana with their dual-array microphones and enhance gaming performance by streaming Xbox One games to the PC anywhere in the house.
- HP EliteBook 1020 Folio, the industry’s thinnest and lightest business-class notebook,takes advantage of Cortana and Skype for Business with its dual-array microphones, exclusive noise-cancelling software and HD webcam.
Based on business class notebooks as of January 9, 2015 with >1 million unit annual sales having pre-installed encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL STD 810G tests, with optional docking incorporating power delivery.
- HP EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini PC, the world’s smallest business-class desktop, works with HP BIOSphere to create a security-enhanced and highly managed device and high DPI scaling capabilities optimized for 4K resolution displays.
Based on business class desktop PCs as of February 24, 2015 with >5 million unit annual sales having 4th Gen Intel or AMD Pro series processors, Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro, and TPM.
- HP Elite x2 1011 2-in-1 Windows device, featuring the industry-first WiGig enterprise wireless dock, can easily go from the office desk to being mobile on the job site with Continuum.
WiGig-compatible notebook or tablet must be positioned within 1.2 m (4 ft) and without obstruction in the line of sight of the wireless dock.
- HP ZBook 14/15u is HP’s thinnest and lightest workstation Ultrabook™ devices – paired HP Z24s with creative professional inspired 4K Z Display delivers tremendous visual performance and enhanced productivity with the 4K display scaling capabilities of Windows 10.
- Also, following products from HP will also have facility of Windows 10 upgrade
o The entire range of HP 14 and 15 consumer notebooks
o HP Slimline Desktop 450, The HP Pavilion and Envy Desktops and AiOs
o The HP Prodesk and Elitedesk Desktops
o The HP Probook and Elitebook Notebooks