The results for the IIT-JEE 2012 are declared Today.
According to reports, the topper scored 385 out of 401.
The results can be accessed on all the IIT websites: http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in, http://www.jee.iitd.ac.in, http://www.jee.iitm.ac.in, http://www.jee.iitk.ac.in, http://www.jee.iitr.ac.in. Please visit the IIT site that comes under your Zone.
Candidates will get to know their All India Ranks (AIR)/Category ranks through IIT-JEE 2012 websites/SMS/IVRS Today.
Other websites and interactive voice response system (IVRS) through which results can be accessed:
1. IIT Roorkee http://www.iitr.ac.in/jee IVRS – 01332 279806
2. IIT Madras http://jee.iitm.ac.in IVRS – 044 22578223
3. IIT Kharagpur http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee IVRS- 03222 278241
4. IIT Kanpur http://www.iitk.ac.in/jee IVRS – 0512 2597236, 6797236
5. IIT Guwahati http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee IVRS – 0361 2692788
6. IIT Delhi http://jee.iitd.ac.in IVRS – 011 26581064 & 26582002
7. IIT Bombay http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in IVRS – 022 25767062
Rate of success in IIT-JEE 2012:
More than 5.6 lakh students had appeared for the IIT-JEE on April 8, 2012. The maximum number of applications are for IIT-JEE 2012 came from Kanpur zone followed by Madras zone. The exams were held at 1,067 centres across the country for admission to nearly 9,600 undergraduate seats in the 15 IITs.
The Institutes for which the JEE was conducted by IIT:
1) 15 IITs are IIT-Bhubaneshwar, IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi, IIT-Gandhinagar, IIT-Guwahati, IIT-Hyderabad, IIT-Indore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Madras, IIT-Mandi, IIT-Patna, IIT-Rajasthan, IIT-Roorkee, IIT-Ropar.
2) Institute of Technology at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
3) Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
4) Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli.
5) Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram.
6) Indian Maritime University (TS Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai campus, Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
7) National Maritime Academy, Chennai.
8) Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam
The Examination format: Only those candidates who attempted both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are considered for the ranking. Marks in Physics in IIT-JEE 2012 is equal to marks in Physics section of Paper 1 plus marks in Physics section of Paper 2. Similar procedure will be followed for Chemistry and Mathematics.
The sum of the marks obtained in the individual subjects in IIT-JEE 2012 is the aggregate marks for the candidate. In order to qualify a candidate needs to score at least 10 per cent marks in each of the three subjects and a minimum of 35 per cent to get a rank.