How to protect your financial information online from phishing attacks (type of online attack). Secure Your Financial information, other info in PC,mobiles.
By following some simple Tips to safeguard your Financial information, other sensitive information stored in your PC and mobile devices. The idea is to follow right online usage behavior and; by making the device (PC or your smartphone device) secure. Below are the 6 tips to protect Your Financial Information Safe Online:
- Use an effective anti-virus : What is an effective anti-virus or PC security or Internet Security Suite?… The one you pay For. Keep this simple definition in mind.
- Always Transact on secure websites deonted by ‘HTTPS’: The easiest way to distinguish between a secure and non-secure website is by looking at the website URL (It lies on the top where you type the website address). Copy the entire URL and paste it at some notepad. If it has HTTPS (not an HTTP) then it’s secure or Safe.
- Download apps or applications from authorized application or sites: People, often youngsters think that free applications or software are great. No they’re NOT. There’s no free lunch online. Especially when it comes to applications. Hence make it a habit of downloading apps from authorized and reputed websites. For instance, installing a trial version or limited free version application from the application owner, is always better than downloading a pirated Full Version for free.
- NEVER Open attachments from unknown sources and Click on suspicious links : This particularly applies to your email. Don’t open attachments from unknown sources. Juts hover mouse cursor over sender name in the emails list and you will be shown the email of the sender. Suspicious links are those which promise the “Unbelievable”. Remember — If something seems unbelievable, must not be Trusted.
- NEVER Provide your credentials on non-https websites : These credentials are passwords, PINs etc.
- NEVER share confidential banking details via e-mails or links even if it claims to be from the bank : Follow the thumb Rule: No bank asks for sensitive information through a phone call or an email.
We often hear as to how someone does this or that online. It’s good not to follow such hearsay. Particularly when it comes to using or dealing with Financial information online.