eScan Internet Security Suite with Cloud Security version 14 Review
Compatible With : The version 14 of eScan Internet Security Suite with Cloud is compatible with this OS: Windows ME , Windows 2000 , Windows NT , Windows XP , Windows 2003 , Windows Vista , Windows 7, Windows 8.
eScan Internet Security Suite v.14 with Cloud Security for Home and Small Office Edition is a specially designed security solution for connected PCs that’s the PCs which are connected to the internet.
eScan Internet Security Suite v.14 with Cloud Security offers :
Real-time protection to computers connected to internet from objectionable content and security threats, such as Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Keyloggers (malicious program which records the keys, when you press them), Rootkits, Botnets (networks of compromised computers used to infect other PCs), Hackers, Spam, and Phishing while you are connected to the internet.
The suite comes with advanced futuristic technologies, such as :
- eScan Security Network : A cloud-based Security Network which collects information from millions of eScan participant user’s computers around the world when they are online. This network safeguards your system for even those threats which although are not encountered by you, are encountered by someone else. This enables your PC be safe against the latest and unknown threats. It provides fast response to the latest virus threats without waiting for daily or traditional virus signature updates.
- MWL Technology : This technology works by connecting the operative system to the security suite. The MWL technology resides on the operating system and scans all the incoming and outgoing traffic from the Internet and checks for any security violating content. If the data packet is clean it is passed or else it is removed before it reaches the application layer of the OS.
- DIRC Technology : This technology verifies the credibility of Web domains by tracking suspicious activities happening on their Web pages. ISPs (Internet Service Providers) usually follow authentication standards such as Sender Policy Framework (SPF), Sender ID, and DomainKeys and Domain Key Identified Mail (DKIM) for this purpose. DIRC also verifies the integrity of the IP addresses by comparing them with a list of known e-mail senders (Real-time Blacklist Servers [RBL servers] and Auto-Spam Whitelist) and by using a dynamic service that assesses the reputation of e-mail senders on a real-time basis. If the e-mail fails to conform to any one of the criteria, DIRC tags it as [SPAM] and takes the appropriate action on it.
- NILP Technology : Non Intrusive Learning Pattern (NILP) Technology works on the basis of Artificial Intelligence where in the technology enables the suite to learn from the user’s behavior and then take an informed decision in the background. This means, if over the course of use, if the user is found to show a negative response towards certain kinds of websites, then in due course of use, the NILP tech will start notifying the user or blocking them whenever the user stumbles upon webpages having the like attributes. The tech also helps identify and classify mails on behalf of the users whether the mails are spam or ham.
- Advanced Virus Control : Cyber criminals are always ahead of the protection against their attacks. They continuously release threats that can hinder your computing activities. With new eScan Advance Virus Control technology and highly sophisticated Heuristics Algorithms (enable for fast problem solving), eScan cloud security solutions effectively scan and detect unknown malware, and even warn you about applications that behave in a suspicious manner.Now you can even block the files in your computer from being accessed either locally, or via the network, thus further preventing network-based viruses from infecting all the connected computers.
- Sophisticated Heuristics Algorithms : A heuristics algorithms are mathematical algorithms, which are used when simple algorithms don’t provide a soultion or some satisfactory solution. Thus a heuristic algorithm is designed for solving a problem more quickly or in places where a solution is not available, for finding an approximate solution. In simple a heuristic solution is the best solution for a particular scenario.
- Domain & IP Reputation Check
This technology verifies the credibility of Web domains by tracking any indication of suspicious activities on the web page. This technology also verifies the integrity of the IP address by comparing it with a list of known email senders and by using a dynamic service that assesses email senders reputation in real-time. Emails received from domains with malicious activities are not accepted.
The eScan Internet Security Suite v.14 with Cloud Security provides a near blanket protection to your connected PC from online threats. This means that even when you are connected to the Web browsing the internet, shopping online, performing online financial transactions, chatting on Facebook, your personal information is safe.
The eScan Internet Security Suite v.14 with Cloud Security provides near blanket protection to an average internet user, suing a connected PC in Home or Office.
The size of the installer file isabout 300 MB ,hence you will need broadband connection to install it online. The suite updates itself whenever the internet connection is available. Sometimes the security suite blocks safe java scripts on webpages as well.
Available at :