Top Five Smartphone Vendors in India 2012Q4, by Unit Shipments. Samsung is still the number one in Indian smartphone market
Indians are adopting smartphones fast. That’s why the Smartphone Sales in India Jumped By 48% In Indian Market Over same quarter 2012. If you are keen about smartphones then you’ll be interested in knowing Top Five Smartphone Vendors in India 2012Q4, by Unit Shipments.
Below are the Top Five Smartphone Vendors in India 2012Q4, by Unit Shipments:
1) Samsung has retained its leadership position in Indian smartphone market. Samsung has recently launched Samsung Galaxy S4, world’s first quad core processor smartphone, inspiring both international and domestic vendors to launch their own quad-core and 5-inch+ screen size models.
2) Micromax, an Indian maker, outperformed the market through its aggressive ramp-up and an enhanced product portfolio and new launches in the past quarter.
3) Sony garnered a significant shipment share owing to its mid-tier range of smartphones (priced between $150-300 or 7500-15000 Rs) doing quite well in the market.
4) Nokia, the most recognized phone brand in India, came in fourth with its range of Lumia devices powered by Windows Phone 8 Operating System. Lumia are the mid range segment smartphones, which found fans in especially in the Tier 1 cities.
5) Karbonn, another indigenous maker, cut to the Top Five Smartphone Vendors in India List for the first time. Karbonn shares its growth strategy with Micromax, Like Micromax, karbonn too rolled out new range of attractively priced smartphones in 2012 Q4.