13 Things Every UGC NET Applicant Must Know
The UGC NET December 2014 notification ha arrived and the UGC NET December 2014 application process opened on October 15, 2014. Below are 13 Things every UGC NET applicant must know:
The Central Board Secondary education (CBSE) will conduct the NET exam or NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST DECEMBER 2014. CBSE has opened online application process on October 15, 2014. CBSE will conduct National Eligibility Test (NET) December 2014 on behalf of UGC.
2) Last Date To Apply online for NET December 2014
On or before November 15, 2014.
3) Date of UGC JRF NET Examination December 2014
The NET examination will be held nationwide on December 28, 2014.
4) UGC NET Exam Dec 2014 Important Dates
- Online Form Submission October 15, 2014 to 15th November, 2014
- Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee. November 19, 2014
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI BANK) November 18, 2014
- Last date of taking printout of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from website November 19, 2014
- Last date for receiving the printout of online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) at the respective Coordinating Institution opted by the candidate (with fee receipt & category certificate(s) November 25, 2014
5) How to Apply for UGC JRF, Assistant Professorship , or Both NET Dec 2014
To Apply online for UGC NET Examination December 2014 : Click Here [LINK does not exit now]
To visit UGC NET December 2014 Advertisement : Click Here [LINK does not exit now]
6) Number of Subjects for which NET Exam is Conducted
UGC NET exam is conducted in 79 subjects at 87 selected NET Coordinating Institutions spread across the country.
7) This is December Installment of NET Exam
UGC NET exam for Lectureship and Fellowship at University Level is conducted two times every year. One in June and another in December.
The CBSC conducting the exam doesn’t mean UGC out of picture. UGC or University Grants Commission will provide to CBSE the necessary experts to prepare the question papers.
9) How many candidates appear in UGC NET Exam ?
In the June 2014 NET Exam, approximately 33,000 candidates appeared for the examination.
10) Understanding Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) , Research and Assistant Professorship
The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
11) UGC NET Score
The catch for UGC NET qualifiers doesn’t end at getting the Research assignment by UGC or Assistant Professorship. As both depend on other criteria as well. For instance, NET qualifiers above age 30 are not awarded Assistant professor posts. For those who don’t get these can still benefit for their UGC NET score, as universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations make recruitment based on the UGC NET Score. The job profiles are often in research.
12) Decision of Recruitment Board
The recruitment board decides on the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor or both. And it will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
13) Exclusive Assistant Professor Posts
The candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.