For the first time, University Grants Commission (UGC) will be conducting an Objective Type Multiple Choice National Eligibility Test (NET) examination in June this year. UGC has announced that there will be NO NEGATIVE MARKING in the UGC NET June 2012 Examination; that is no additional marks would be deducted for incorrect Answers.
Summary of Important Changes made to UGC NET Examination Pattern:
1) Format: All three Papers will be Objective Type Multiple Choice
2) NO Negative Marking
3) All three papers will take place on the same day, in different meetings.
4) To qualify — SC, ST and Handicapped Category candidates will have to secure 35, 35 and 40 percent marks respectively; in each of the 3 papers.
5) There’s no change in Course for the three Papers.
6) UGC will be taking the final decision on the qualification for UGC_JRF (Junior Research Fellow) and Lecturer-ship.
7) The examinees will have to fill their answers in OMR Sheets.