Six Things to Know about UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam: CMS Advertisement Notification, Mode of Selection, Final Result, Eligibility, Number of Seats and Name of Posts.
The Union Public Service Commission is the recruiting Body for various Union Government Institutions. UPSC regularly conducts recruitment examinations for Central Government jobs. For medical Graduates , UPSC conducts UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam, every year.
What is UPSC CMS Exam?
In accordance with the rules published by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Medical Services Examination every year to recruit MBBS graduates to various services/ posts in the government.
Below are 5 Things every Medical Graduate must know about UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam :
5 Things every Medical Graduate must know about UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam
1) The UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Notification comes in January-March every year.
2) Educational Eligibility for UPSC CMS : Medical Graduate (MBBS Graduate)
3) The CMS written exam is conducted by the UPSC in the month of June.
4) The CMS written examination is followed by interviews (for those who qualify in the CMS written examination) for assessing personality are usually conducted in August-October, the same year.
5) The final result is usually declared in between 10-15 November, the same year.
6) Various medical posts are filled through the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam. For instance
The selected candidates will be appointed to the following posts:
1. Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
2. Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service
3. Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
4. General Duty Medical Officers Gr II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
5. General Duty Medical Officers in New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC)
7) Usually the total number of posts is around 700-800. The number may increase or decrease, depending on the requirement.